Szombathely is the 10th largest city in Hungary. It is the administrative center of Vas county in the North-West of Hungary, located near the border with Austria. Szombathely is the oldest city in Hungary.
Economic zone in Szombathely
We offer at your disposal more than 29 647 m2 potential area. Utilities to site: gas, electricity, water supply.
In addition, vacant rentable buildings are available in the city with an area of ∼ 5 000 m2. Located in: Puskás street.
- 127 km to Graz
- 137 km to Vienna
- 155 km to Bratislava
- 257 km to Budapest
Distance from ports
- 408 km to Trieste
- 385 km to Koper
- 387 km to Rijeka
Development - facts and figures
Great investment locational
Thanks to its favourable location, its stable macroeconomics and investor-friendly political environment, Hungary is a perfect investment location.
What makes Hungary so appealing?
- Hungary is located in Central Eastern Europe at the crossroads of four main pan-European corridors.
- You can make the most of the country’s strategic location: easy access to both Western and Eastern European markets.
- Highly qualified workforce, strong education system, one technical university (with engineering, wood sciences and applied arts faculty) as cluster member In Sopron, one other technical university within Szombathely, educational center of local technical high schools as cluster member.
- The good working culture, efficiency and flexibility of Hungarian employees.
- The country is a full member of the European Union since 2004, which makes it easy for companies to reach more than 500 million people in the EU and another 200 million to the East.
- CIT 9% (lowest in EU).
Due to the given features of Hungary: „In the latest ranking of fDi Magazine, a Financial Times Group publication, Budapest was defined the most attractive city for foreign direct investment (FDI) in Eastern Europe in 2014-2015“.
- highly qualified workforce with creative & innovative attributes
- high level of know-how
- four universities in Hungary appear in the respected QS World University Rankings (which claims to be the most widely read university comparison of the world’s top 800 universities) for 2014/15
- large number of high quality research institutions are testament to Hungary’s traditional strengths in science and technology
- low cost of labour helps competitiveness
- gross minimum wage: 149.000 HUF, cca ∼465 EUR
- guaranteed gross minimum wage (for qualified workforce): 195 000 HUF ∼610 EUR
- average earnings: 355.000 HUF, cca ∼1100 EUR
Current potential of Kronospan in Hungary
- m3 of Particleboard
- m2 of Melamine Faced board
- m2 of Mirror Gloss board
- m2 of Impregnated paper
- m3 of Cement Bonded Particleboard
Kronospan furniture clusters allow companies to benefit not only by sourcing high-quality material for their needs but also by using the existing industrial infrastructure, pre-investment support and easy access to the vast markets of EU, Russia or USA.
For more information regarding Kronospan facilities and local business environment
please download our Szombathely cluster brochure.