Szombathely is the 10th largest city in Hungary. It is the administrative center of Vas county in the North-West of Hungary, located near the border with Austria. Szombathely is the oldest city in Hungary.
Economic zone in Szombathely
We offer at your disposal more than 29 647 m2 potential area. Utilities to site: gas, electricity, water supply.
- 127 km to Graz
- 137 km to Vienna
- 155 km to Bratislava
- 257 km to Budapest
- 384 km to Budapest
- 2 km to M86 motorway
DISTANCE FROM PORTS
- 408 km to Trieste
- 385 km to Koper
- 387 km to Rijeka
DISTANCE FROM AIRPORTS
- 125 km to Graz
- 137 km TO Vienna
- 231 km to Budapest
- 170 km to Bratislava
- 229 km to Zagreb
Development - facts and figures
GREAT INVESTMENT LOCATION
Thanks to its favourable location, its stable macroeconomics and investor-friendly political environment, Hungary is a perfect investment location.
WHAT MAKES HUNGARY SO APPEALING?
- Hungary is located in Central Eastern Europe at the crossroads of four main pan-European corridors.
- You can make the most of the country’s strategic location: easy access to both Western and Eastern European markets.
- Highly qualified workforce, strong education system, one technical university (with engineering, wood sciences and applied arts faculty) as cluster member In Sopron, one other technical university within Szombathely, educational center of local technical high schools as cluster member.
- The good working culture, efficiency and flexibility of Hungarian employees.
- The country is a full member of the European Union since 2004, which makes it easy for companies to reach more than 500 million people in the EU and another 200 million to the East.
- CIT 9% (lowest in EU).
Hungary achieved record-breaking investment last year: the Hungarian Investment Promotion Agency closed up to 92 deals worth EUR 6.5 billion. This investor activity can be attributed to many factors, including a strong talent pool and a pro-business economic policy. Budapest was recognized for its cost-effectiveness: the city finished right before Prague, Warsaw and Zagreb
CURRENT POTENTIAL OF KRONOSPAN IN HUNGARY
- m3 of Particleboard
- m2 of Melamine Faced board
- m2 of Mirror Gloss board
- m2 of Impregnated paper
- m3 of Cement Bonded Particleboard
Kronospan furniture clusters allow companies to benefit not only by sourcing high-quality material for their needs but also by using the existing industrial infrastructure, pre-investment support and easy access to the vast markets of EU and USA.